Thursday, January 16, 2014

Is the T-Mobile deal really worth it?

Lets start today by talking about special deals that you may see with the start of a new year.  Take for example this deal that T-Mobile is doing.  They are offering a jump program, what this means is that if you have another one of the major phone carriers you can come in and have it switched to their network and they will pay for you early termination fee and up to $350 for each phone you bring in to go toward one of their new phones.  This happens a lot with other retail stores and dealerships.  At the beginning of the new year they will offer you a much lower price to get rid of their older models to make room for the brand new ones.  Well T-Mobile hasn't done that, they are not the top carriers for cell phones or for coverage area.  But people have mixed feelings about them.  If you ask, some people love T-Mobile and have had no problems and others wont ever try them or go back because of a bad experience.  People can have this same experience with just about anybody or any company.  What you need to do is to check it out and see if its right for you.  If you are worried about dropped calls and spotty service, check out their coverage map and see if your area, and the areas you visit frequently are covered.  Also remember that is you are on WiFi that you don't need to have service, using WiFi will allow you to send texts and call.

The biggest question is how much will this cost me.  It sounds all good that they will pay my early termination fee but is my monthly payment going to go down?  That all depends on what you pay now and what plan you want to get.  But no matter what plan you get, you will not pay any extra charges for roaming or going over data.  What I mean by this is if you have  2GB data use for a month and you use all 2GB then you will just go from 4G to 2G but you will not pay any overage fee.  Not to mention that all plans come with unlimited text and calls.  Another cool feature is that when you get a new phone you don't have to pay for it up front, it can be added to your bill, with no interest, and you will pay over 24 months.  I think this is a great option for some because when a new phone comes out, all you have to do is go into the store and give them your old one, if you still owe anything you will have to pay it, but they will pay for the phone you are giving them, so you will only have to pay a small amount.  So every new phone that comes out you can get with this option.

Did I mention there is no contracts!! That's right if you don't want to use them anymore all you have to do is say "Im done" and you will not have to pay any early termination fee.  Now that is one of the best things I have heard.  So not only will they pay to end your old contract but they don't make you sign a new one!!  Not having a contract is a great feeling, i have shopped around at a lot of different carriers and they always make you sign a new 1-2 year contract, but not here.

I made the change, from what I read and the reviews that I have seen, it was a good match for me.  But if might not be for everyone.  I changed to save more money and that's what I got, more money in my bank account. I saved about $60 a month.  Every little bit counts.

Let me know if you make the change and before you do make sure you research everything you can about the pros and cons.

If you have any questions please Email me at Thetightdollar@gmail,com and follow me on Twitter @Thetightdollar

No comments:

Post a Comment